In conjunction with our Community Association, Club and Resort, Real Estate and Labor and Employment Practice Groups, we also provide strategic advice, consultation, and litigation support to hotels, restaurants and other hospitality properties. We represent franchisees of the world's largest hotel brands - from site acquisition, land use/zoning approvals, and development to opening and day-to-day management, as well as creditors who hold the mortgages on some of the most-well known properties in America. We also provide employment and labor advise and counseling, including providing training (and where necessary litigation defense) concerning employment, environmental and regulatory matters faced by our clients.
We also provide advise on LEED certification and other sustainability and "green building" concerns of our hospitality clients. In addition to devising a custom team of our attorneys to work on your needs drawn from our specialized areas including land use and zoning, real estate, employment, litigation and creditors' rights, we also retain the services of top outside professionals and experts in the hospitality and property management industries. Some of our ongoing hospitality-related work includes the following:
- General hospitality business counseling;
- Negotiating contracts, licenses, permits, equipment and other leases on behalf of properties;
- Reviewing employment related documents and guidelines and providing training;
- Counseling on labor and employment issues, including devising employee handbooks;
- Conducting labor and collective bargaining negotiations and handling grievances;
- Defending management companies and properties in employment related issues;
- Negotiating development and site acquisition contracts;
- Devising (and litigating over) construction and design professional agreements;
- Resolving environmental and permitting issues;
- Obtaining land use and zoning approvals;
- Obtaining LEED certifications;
- Negotiating vendor and franchise agreements;
- Reviewing operating guidelines and standards for franchise agreement compliance;
- Negotiating and administrating hotel condominium documents;
- Representing hotel condo associations;
- Representing third parties in Chapter 11 reorganizations, foreclosures and receiverships concerning hotel properties; and
- Representing receivers and trustees appointed to manage hospitality properties.
With our integrated practice and team approach to client representation, we have the depth of experience to handle the full gamut of issues faced by our hospitality clients, from land use and zoning to environmental, labor and employment, franchise agreements, and litigation. We also work exceedingly well with in-house counsel providing them with the resources to address special issues that require the additional focus and time outside counsel can contribute.
- Related Attorneys
- Related Practice Areas
- Related Practice Groups