Drew Demers has a multifaceted business law practice focused on real estate, commercial lending and litigation. A problem solver with a keen understanding of his clients’ legal and business challenges, Drew helps his clients stay ahead of the curve in a shifting market.
In banking and real estate, Drew represents national and regional financial institutions and private equity clients in transactional and litigation matters. On the transactional side, he works with banks and private lending clients through all stages of the lending relationship, including the origination and documentation of new real estate and asset-based loans, purchase and sale of real property, transfer of negotiable instruments, loan participation issues, lender and buyer-side due diligence, and real estate owned (REO) transactions.
When it comes to litigation, Drew seeks the most efficient path to resolving disputes. He handles lawsuits involving commercial real estate, construction and leasing, commercial loan documents and covenants, stabilization of distressed properties, receiverships, commercial property foreclosures, creditor’s rights issues, and enforcement of commercial contracts.
Drew’s broader litigation experience has involved representing clients in state and federal courts in Ohio and Florida, including Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies across the financial, energy, manufacturing, health care and technology sectors.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Stewart Title Insurance Company – Agent
- The Florida Bar Professional Ethics Committee, 2016-2019
- Boys and Girls Club of Palm Beach County – Boca Raton Chapter
- Board Member, 2018-Present
- Chapter Secretary, 2019-2020 term
- University of Michigan Alumni Association, South Florida Chapter
- Board Member, 2016-present
- Co-Chair, Student Alumni Relations Committee
- Alumni-Student Recruiter
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association, South Florida Chapter
Awards and Recognition
- The Boca Raton Observer, Top Lawyer, August 2022
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer, 2021 – present
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010-2017