David Tolces represents public and private clients in governmental and real estate matters, including property redevelopment, wireless communication facilities, sign code issues, environmental matters, financing of workforce and affordable housing, landlord/tenant relations, and land use and zoning matters.
As a Florida Bar Board Certified lawyer in City, County and Local Government Law, David specializes in representing Community Redevelopment Agencies (CRAs) and public housing authorities. He currently serves as General Counsel for the Lake Worth Beach CRA and the Margate CRA. David also serves as General Counsel for the Broward County Housing Authority, the Deerfield Beach Housing Authority, the Dania Beach Housing Authority, and the Housing Authority of the City of Pompano Beach.
David’s landlord/tenant experience includes drafting leases for commercial properties and multi-family apartment developments. He also prosecutes eviction matters on behalf of private and public landlords seeking possession of their leased properties. He has also handled eviction cases for commercial and residential properties.
David represents private clients in commercial and residential real estate transactions. As an authorized title agent, David drafts purchase and sale agreements and oversees the closing of the transaction and the issuance of title policies.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1993
- Chair, Local Government & Land Use Committee, 2020-present
- Housing and Development Law Institute, 2014
- Broward County Bar Association, 2003
- Disposal of Property in a CRA, Redevelopment Works Podcast, June 2020
- Florida Legislative and Election Law Update - Status of the 2021 Session So Far, Palm Beach County Bar Association, March 2021
- Drafted legislation for the incorporation of the Town of Loxahatchee Groves, which was approved by the Florida Legislature and the Governor. The incorporation process included working with residents and the Supervisor of Elections to hold the Town’s first election, and being retained as the first Town Attorney.
- Represented the Deerfield Beach Housing Authority and its development partner on the financing and rehabilitation of the 100-unit Palms of Deerfield Apartment complex as residences for the elderly and disabled. Coordinated the conversion of the property from “public housing” to “multi-family elderly and disabled housing.”
- Represented the Lake Worth Beach CRA in the development of requests for proposals for the sale and development of CRA-owned properties and to ensure compliance with the requirements of Chapter 163, Florida Statutes. As a result, the Lake Worth Beach CRA was able to convey several parcels of property in downtown Lake Worth Beach to willing developers, thus increasing assessed values for properties within the Community Redevelopment Area.
- Represented the Hillsboro Inlet District in preparing contracts for services including the reconstruction of the Inlet’s south jetty and acquisition and renovation of equipment.
- Drafted ordinances governing the installation of Small Wireless Communication Facilities in the public rights of way for various municipalities.
- Drafted ordinances to amend municipal sign codes to ensure compliance with Reed v. Town of Gilbert.
- Worked with municipalities to draft easements and agreements to provide for placement of public art and other public infrastructure.