Eric Stettin is a seasoned litigator who has tried over 100 jury and bench trials and state administrative proceedings. Eric represents public and private entities throughout South Florida at both the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts.
Eric defends municipalities, insureds and insurance companies in all aspects of general liability claims including personal injury, police and civil rights claims, premises liability, workers compensation claims and insurance coverage disputes. With more than 30 years of courtroom experience under his belt, he has also handled commercial and civil litigation involving personal injury, police liability, premises liability, real estate disputes, foreclosures, lien collection and general collection matters.
Eric has also expertise in insurance coverage disputes representing both insureds and insurance companies.
Born and raised in South Florida, Eric has deep ties to the community. He is active in professional organizations and civic affairs and is a longtime Rotarian in the Weston Chapter.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Broward County Bar Association
- Rotary Club, Weston, Florida
- Reginald Early III et al. vs. City of Homestead, 2019 WL 6682869 (S.D. Fla. Dec. 06, 2019 Slip Copy)
- City of Homestead v. Foust, 242 So. 3d 1169 (Fla. 1st DCA 2018)
- FKR Investment Corp. v. City of Homestead, 2018 WL 618448 (S.D. Fla. 2018)
- Deegan v. Homestead Police Department, 750 Fed.Appx. 796 (11th Cir. 2018)
- Thompson v. Boynton Beach Police Dep’t, 2017 WL 4278540 (S.D. Fla. 2017).
- Jeudine v. City of Homestead, 208 So. 3d 713 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016)
- Goodman v. Goodman, 126 So. 3d 310 (Fla. 3d DCA 2013)
- Geico General Ins. Co. v. Rodriguez, 155 So.3d 1163 (Fla. 3d DCA 2014)
- GEICO General Ins. Co. v. Pruitt, 122 So. 3d 484 (Fla. 3d DCA 2013)
- Ismael v. Certain Lands Upon Which Special Assessments are Delinquent, 51 So. 3d 583 (Fla. 3d DCA 2010)
- Florida Hurricane Protection and Awning, Inc. v. Pastina, 43 So. 3d 893 (Fla. 4th DCA 2010)
- Clarendon Nat. Ins. Co. v. Seaport Crane Serv., Inc., 2010 WL 678106 (S.D. Fla. 2010)
- S & I Investments v. Payless Flea Market, Inc., 40 So. 3d 48 (Fla. 4th DCA 2010)
- S & I Investments v. Payless Flea Market, Inc., 10 So. 3d 699 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009)
- Geico General Ins. Co. v. Rodriguez, 23 So. 3d 1212 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009)
- Nias v. City of Florida City, 2008 WL 2332003 (S.D. Fla. 2008)
- Trief v. Am. Gen. Life Ins. Co., 444 F. Supp. 2d 1266 (S.D. Fla. 2006)
- Trief v. Am. Gen. Life Ins. Co., 444 F. Supp. 2d 1268 (S.D. Fla. 2006)
- Protegrity Services, Inc. v. Vaccaro, 909 So. 2d 445 (Fla. 4th DC 2005)
- Mega Life & Health Ins. Co. v. Tordion, 399 F. Supp. 2d 1366 (S.D. Fla. 2005)
- Zapata v. City of Homestead, 867 So. 2d 644 (Fla. 3d DCA 2004)
- Butler, Pappas, Weihmuller, Katz, Craig, LLP v. Coral Reef of Key Biscayne Developers, Inc., 873 So. 2d 339 (Fla. 3d DCA 2003)
- City of Homestead v. Brockington, 838 So .2d 684 (Fla. 3d DCA 2003)
- Friedman v. American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc., 837 So. 2d 1165 (Fla. 4th DCA 2003)
- State, Dept. of Ins. v. Accelerated Benefits Corp., 817 So. 2d 1086 (Fla. 4th DCA 2002)
- Burger King Corp. v. Dan-Kia Enterprises, Inc., 2002 WL 34705358 (S.D. Fla. 2002)
- Kuhlman v. Crawford & Co., 2002 WL 34368089 (S.D. Fla. 2002)
- City of Homestead v. Rogers, 789 So. 2d 483 (Fla. 3d DCA 2001)
- Ledford Farms, Inc. v. Fireman’s Fund Ins. Co., 184 F. Supp. 2d 1242 (S.D. Fla. 2001)
- Bernard Berman, P.A. v. P. Gary Stern, M.D., P.A., 731 So. 2d 148 (Fla. 4th DCA 1999)
- Carpenter v. Wemyss Through Wemyss, 638 So. 2d 592 (Fla. 4th DCA 1994
- Proudfoot v. Seaescape Ltd., Inc., 620 So. 2d 1096 (Fla. 3d DCA 1993)
- Huertas v. Palm Beach County, 602 So. 2d 553 (Fla. 4th DCA 1992)