Anne R. Flanigan is a civil litigator, representing both public and private clients in a wide range of cases.
Her litigation practice includes federal civil rights matters, personal injury, contract disputes, and real property claims, and she actively practices in both federal and state court.
Anne also has an active trademark law practice that includes the registration and enforcement of trademarks for both municipal and private clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Anne served as a federal law clerk to the Honorable William J. Zloch of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. In law school, Anne received the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award for her clinical work in the IP Law Clinic, her role as a high school debate coach with Legal Outreach, and for her work with the Queens District Attorney’s Office. She also served as an Associate Editor with the Fordham Intellectual Property, Media, and Entertainment Law Journal.
Anne is active in the local federal bar community, having been appointed to two federal magistrate selection panels and serving on the board of directors for the Broward Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Prior to attending law school, Anne was a cast member of Riverdance – The Show and is also a champion Irish dancer. She remains active in the arts community in a leadership role of the Broward Performing Arts Center’s young professionals group, which is committed to inspiring a new generation to support the performing arts.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Federal Bar Association, Broward County Chapter, President-Elect, present; National Delegate, 2017-2019; Chair of Younger Lawyers Division, 2016-2020
- Leadership Broward, Class XXXVIII
- Ghostlight Society, Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Steering Committee, 2017-2021; Soiree Host Committee, 2016
- Columbia University Admissions Alumni Interviewer, 2015-present
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America® – Ones to Watch: Commercial Litigation, 2021-present; Appellate Practice, 2023; Civil Right Law, 2023
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018-present
- Appointed to Federal Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, 2019
- “Litigating for the Government – What Could Possibly Go Wrong,” 2023 Florida Law Con Annual Virtual CLE Conference, March 2023
- Litigating Civil Rights Cases: Part Three: due process and state law claims in state or federal court, The Florida Bar Government Lawyers Section, February 2021
- Litigating Civil Rights Cases Part II: Claims brought under the Bill of Rights against municipal, county and state defendants –
including COVID-19 issues, The Florida Bar Government Lawyers Section, December 2020
- Federal law clerk, Honorable William J. Zloch, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, August 2013-September 2015