Maria Currais handles real estate, banking, and public finance matters with an emphasis on municipal and commercial real estate transactions and public financing for multi-family developments, and condominium housing and urban development filings.
In our continually changing economy, Maria advises and guides her clients on the issues impacting their industries, including purchase and sale of real estate, condominium developer work, mortgage lending, government lending, public/private transactions, and municipal real estate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Maria represented banks in commercial loan closings, and private clients in acquisitions and financings.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Dade County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- PinoStrong Foundation, Inc., Officer
- Represents Apollo Bank in commercial loan closings.
- Represents Florida Housing Finance Corporation in loan transactions and bond matters.
- Represents municipalities in real estate transactions and public/private transactions.
- Represents developers in the drafting and filing of condominium documents, closing of condominium unit transactions and Housing and Urban Development property reports for condominium projects.
- Represents East Little Havana Community Development Corporation in connection with the development of low income housing projects, including assisting in the financing of the projects through both private and public funding and preparation of the required documentation for residential and mixed use condominiums.
- Represents Bank United and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in connection with small Business Administration loans.
- Represented Banco de Sabadell in its acquisition of TransAtlantic Bank for $175 million.
- Represented International Meal Company in acquiring (and obtaining the required liquor and business licenses) Margaritaville Restaurants located in Destin, Panama City, and Key West, Florida; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; Nashville and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee; Chicago, Illinois; Cincinnati, Ohio; Atlantic City, New Jersey; Las Vegas, Nevada; and the Mohegan Sun resort in Connecticut; as well as in a joint venture with Universal for the Orlando Restaurant; and obtaining options for proposed restaurants in San Antonio, Texas; Syracuse, New York; Cleveland, Ohio; New Orleans, Louisiana; and Mall of the Americas in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- Represented Premier American Bank in connection with formation of the bank, regulatory matters and numerous commercial loan closings.