Chad Friedman represents developers and governmental entities in land use, zoning and general government matters. He is also a leader in the field of Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) programs.
Chad represents local governments in the drafting, adoption, and implementation of land development regulations, including green regulations. In addition, he represents local governments in comprehensive plan amendment and quasi-judicial hearings ( variances, site plans, rezoning, and special exceptions). Chad has also successfully defended governmental entities, such as the Village of Key Biscayne and Town of Cutler Bay, in land use litigation.
On the private sector side, Chad helps developers and private property owners navigate the intricacies of the development review process. Over the years, he has assisted many private clients in securing the necessary development permits and other approvals required for the development of property.
Chad is a leader in the creation of PACE programs pursuant to Section 163.08 of the Florida Statutes. Chad helped to create the Green Corridor PACE District, a partnership of local governments that provides funding to property owners for energy efficient, renewable energy, and wind resistant improvements to their property. To date, the program has funded over $500 million in improvements.
Chad serves as legal counsel to the Green Corridor PACE District and assists private entities in the creation of other PACE programs across the State of Florida.
Chad is a frequent author and speaker on the subject of growth management and local government law and is a former Co-Chair of the Dade County Bar Association’s Environmental and Land Use Committee.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Dade County Bar Association, Co-Chair Environmental and Land Use Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Jackson Health System General Obligations Bond Citizens’ Advisory Committee
Awards & Recognition
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer, 2021 – present
- Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2021-present
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2009-2018
- Daily Business Review’s Professional Excellence Awards, On the Rise, 2017
- Brickell Magazine, Top 20 Professionals Under Forty, 2016
- Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Excellence in Land Use Planning
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award