Lily Arango is an accomplished attorney in the areas of real estate and transactional law, as well as municipal and governmental law. She handles complex transactions including public and public/private real estate negotiations, acquisitions, sales, financing, development, construction and leasing of properties.
Lily’s work on behalf of local governments with respect to public and capital projects such as parks, schools, and infrastructure and utility projects helps improve our communities. She also represents municipalities in the procurement, acquisition, development, construction and leasing of properties, interlocal agreements between governmental agencies, affordable housing and community redevelopment projects, and procurement of public projects.
Lily’s representation of private clients includes the acquisition, sale, leasing, financing and development of property, as well as providing guidance with the formation and regulation of condominiums and homeowners’ associations, and the formation and maintenance of business entities, such as corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. Serving as an agent for title insurance companies, she also handles title review and examination, and resolves complex title issues that may arise.
Lily is a native of South Florida and a longtime resident of Coral Gables.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban-American Bar Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- The Florida Bar, Real Property Section, Probate And Trust Law Section
- Successfully represented local municipalities in the acquisition and development of parklands, including negotiations with other local governments and developers.
- Successfully represented local municipality in the acquisition of key cactus preserve and conservation lands and worked with the State of Florida and conservation groups in connection with the acquisition and development of the site.
- Successfully represented local municipality in the acquisition and financing of a town hall facility and community recreational site, including all issues pertaining to development and leasing of sites.
- Successfully represented local municipalities in the long-term leasing and development of property for charter schools and private hotel development.
- Successfully represented community redevelopment agencies and housing authorities in the sale and disposition of property.
- Successfully represented municipality in the implementation and development of a utility system, including an interlocal agreement and DBOF procurement process.
- Champlain Towers South Collapse, 2021-015089-CA-01 (Fla. 11th Cir. Ct. May 18, 2022)