Lillian M. Arango
Lily is an accomplished attorney with over 20 years of experience in the areas of real estate and transactional law, municipal and governmental law. She has handled a wide range of complex transactions, including public and public/private real estate negotiations, acquisitions, sales, financing, development, construction and leasing of properties. She has represented municipalities in the procurement, acquisition, development, construction and leasing of properties, including interlocal agreements between governmental agencies, affordable housing and community redevelopment projects and procurement of public projects. She also provides general representation to municipalities, including transactional and procurement representation.
Lily has represented private clients in the acquisition, sale, leasing, financing and development of property, as well as full range of transactional matters, including the formation and regulation of condominiums and homeowners’ associations, the formation and maintenance of business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. She also has extensive experience in the examination of title and the resolution of complex title issues and serves as agent for several title insurance companies.
Lily is a native of South Florida and a long-term resident of the City Coral Gables.
- Successfully represented local municipalities in the acquisition and development of park lands, including negotiation with other local governments and developers.
- Successfully represented local municipality in the acquisition of key cactus preserve and conservation lands and worked with the State of Florida and conservation groups in connection with acquisition and development of the site.
- Successfully represented local municipality with respect to the acquisition and financing of a town hall building and community recreational site, including all issues pertaining to development and leasing of sites.
- Successfully represented local municipalities in the long-term leasing and development of property for charter schools and private hotel development.
- Successfully represented community redevelopment agencies and housing authorities in the sale and disposition of property.
- Successfully represented municipality in the implementation and development of a utility system, including an interlocal agreement and DBOF procurement process.
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban-American Bar Association (CABA)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL)
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property
- Probate And Trust Law Sections