Practicing in a state that is internationally known for tourism, our hospitality lawyers are well-versed in issues affecting hotels, restaurants, resorts, spas and nightclubs. With our integrated practice and team approach, we handle matters involving land use and zoning, hotel construction, hotel renovation projects, labor and employment, franchise agreements, and litigation.
In particular, we represent hotel owners, developers, and franchisees of the world’s largest hotel brands, from development to opening, assisting with site acquisitions, land use/zoning approvals, construction contract negotiation and drafting, construction project administration, construction delay claims, construction defect claims, and day-to-day management practices. We also provide employment and labor counseling and training, and, when necessary, litigation defense concerning employment, environmental and regulatory matters.
Some of our ongoing hospitality-related work includes:
- General hospitality business counseling;
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts for construction and or renovation of properties;
- Asserting lost revenue claims associated with construction or renovation delays or defect claims;
- Negotiating and securing contracts, licenses, permits, equipment and other leases on behalf of properties;
- Reviewing employment related documents and guidelines, providing training, and drafting or updating employee handbooks;
- Conducting labor and collective bargaining negotiations and handling grievances;
- Defending properties with employment and independent contractor related issues;
- Negotiating development and site acquisition contracts;
- Resolving environmental and permitting issues;
- Obtaining land use and zoning approvals;
- Representing hotel-condominium associations;
- Representing Hospitality Entities in Chapter 11 reorganizations, foreclosures and receiverships concerning hotel properties; and
- Representing receivers and trustees appointed to manage hospitality properties.