David Wolpin is a seasoned local government attorney who throughout his career has served local governments in various capacities, including as city and county attorney. David helped to shape the community of North Miami, serving as City Attorney for over a decade. He has also represented the municipalities of Aventura, Bal Harbour, Homestead and Key Biscayne in various capacities.
In an era of limited local revenues and escalating municipal costs, David guides municipal staff and officials on a range of issues, from animal control to zoning. He has drafted charter amendments, ballots, comprehensive ethics and ethics defense ordinances, and purchasing procedures, as well as advised clients on implementing red light camera enforcement programs, provided election law advice, and rendered legal opinions and guidance on compliance with ethics, Sunshine and public records legislation.
David has lectured on local government matters including compliance with ethics codes, Florida’s Sunshine Law, Public Records Act and procurement rules.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Miami-Dade Legal Aid Society, Put Something Back program, Outstanding Pro Bono Contributions, 2004
- Judge Strikes Down $155 Million Verdict in Aventura School Case, Miami Herald, November 8, 2012
- Broward League of Cities Member Spotlight: Weiss Serota Helfman Cole Bierman & Popok, Broward League of Cities, December 1, 2011
- Billboard Agreement Struck in Aventura, Sun-Sentinel, January 29, 2003
- City Tries to Stem Flow of Fliers on Cars, Sun-Sentinel, April 4, 1999