Haydee Sera represents municipalities on a broad range of issues such as contracts, elections, ethics, public records, procurement, and sunshine law compliance. In that capacity, Haydee drafts and reviews proposed legislation, resolutions, and agreements on a variety of matters, always with an understanding of the broader implications of her clients’ interests. Haydee also provides counsel to elected officials on legal matters, including compliance with state and local ethics laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Haydee was the Assistant Town Attorney for the Town of Miami Lakes where she served as counsel to the Town’s Planning and Zoning Board, Charter Revision Commission, and advisory committees. Haydee represented the Town in various civil litigation matters involving public records compliance and interpretation of the Town’s Charter.
In addition to her municipal experience, Haydee has represented domestic and international clients in probate and guardianship administration and litigation, and commercial litigation matters.
Haydee is a South Florida native and longtime resident of the Town of Miami Lakes, where she is a parishioner of Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic Church. She serves on the board of her homeowners’ association, served on the Board of the Gramercy Park Homeowners Association, and served as Secretary of the Alumni Association of her high school alma mater, Saint Thomas Aquinas High School.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cuban American Bar Association, Director, 2018 – present; Art in the Tropics (AIT), Uncorked!, Committee Co-Chair, 2019; Legislative Committee, 2019; Young Lawyers Committee, Committee Co-Chair, 2019
- Miami Lakes Bar Association, President, 2012, 2016; President-Elect, 2011, 2015; Vice-President, 2014; Treasurer, 2013; Director, 2010
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Board Member, Florida Young Lawyers Division, 2015-2019; Mentor, 2010-Present
- University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association, 2009-present; Young Alumni Committee, Events Committee Member, 2011
Awards & Recognition
- South Florida Business and Wealth, Prestigious Women Awards, 2021
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Up and Comer, 2019
- Cultural Affairs Committee of Miami Lakes, Women of Distinction, March 2018
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Top Lawyers Under 40, April 2017
- City shuts down Miami Springs hotel over drugs, human trafficking, WPLG Local 10, September 17, 2020
- Fla. Mayor Urges Town To Sue Insurer For His Atty Fees, Law360, October 1, 2015
- Acquitted Fla. Mayor Sues City To Recoup Legal Fees, Law360, August 21, 2015
- 2019 Legislative Updates, A Review of Significant Legislation from the 2019 Florida Legislative Session, Cuban American Bar Association, July 2019
- PACE 101: Property Assessed Clean Energy, Florida Land Title Association, June 2019
- Ruffa v. Saftpay, Inc., 163 So. 3d 711 (3d DCA 2015)
- Slaton v. Pizzi, 163 So. 3d 655 (3d DCA 2015)