As a Florida Bar Board Certified attorney in Appellate Practice, Laura Wendell represents private and municipal clients in appeals and litigation in state and federal courts.
Laura’s appellate victories have helped to clarify and shape the law in matters involving commercial disputes, tort litigation, land use, zoning, code enforcement and eminent domain proceedings.
As a litigator, Laura is a persuasive advocate committed to finding practical and efficient solutions to her clients’ legal issues. She has obtained successful results in zoning and land use disputes, construction disputes, contract disputes, constitutional law challenges, and administrative law proceedings. She also handles insurance coverage disputes, securing favorable coverage determinations for municipal as well as private clients.
Laura is a former President of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers and has served as a Director of the Dade County Bar Association, where she presently co-chairs the Environmental and Land Use Law Committee.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Dade County Bar Association, Member (___-present); Director, Div. 4 (2015-20__); Co-chair, Environmental and Land Use Committee (2018-2020) Appellate Court Committee Liaison, 2015-2016
- Gala Sponsor Oversight Committee, 2016
- Third District Historical Society
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Court Rules Committee, 2008-2014
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL)
- President, 2012-2013
- President Elect, 2011-2012
- Treasurer, 2010-2011
- Journal Editor, 2009-2010
- Development Director, 2008-2009
- Cutler Bay wins legal battle to build Publix in town center, Miami-Herald, September 11, 2015
- Cutler Bay Shopping Center Outmaneuvered by Publix, Daily Business Review, September 8, 2015
- Publix wins legal battle over new store in Cutler Bay, South Florida Business Journal, September 3, 2015
- Judge Grants Luxury Condo Owners Rights to Miami Club, Daily Business Review, August 14, 2015
- Miami Private Island Developer Ordered To Keep Club Open, Law 360, August 14, 2015
- Women Still Seeking Parity, Daily Business Review, January 14, 2013
- Entry block heats up again: appeals hearing, unsafe structures, The Islander News, July 23, 2011
- Alternative Fee Arrangements, Miami-Dade FAWL Corporate Counsel Summit, February 2017
- Judicial Review of Quasi-Judicial Actions of Local Governments in Circuit Court, First-Tier Certiorari Review, Third District Court of Appeal Fall Seminar, September 2016