Anthony C. Soroka
Anthony provides counsel to a variety of local governments, nonprofit organizations and private sector entities. His experience includes government contract disputes, procurement, business taxes, implementation of the municipal budget process, telecommunications, and counsel on compliance with public record, Sunshine and election laws. He has served as counsel on charter review committees, municipal code reviews and business tax advisory boards and has drafted numerous government contracts, legislative items and administrative policies. Anthony's recent public sector successes include the completion of a comprehensive review and rewrite of the City Code of the City of Weston, the dissolution of a local special recreation district, and voter approval of Charter amendments that he prepared.
Anthony's private sector practice includes assisting entrepreneurs and developers in real estate and business acquisitions, providing counsel and contract preparation for business entities involved in public-private partnerships, and representation of private clients on matters including competitive bidding disputes, land use and zoning, housing trusts and foreclosures. His recent representations include the successful acquisition of a tax and accounting practice, counsel to a real estate developer on the proper establishment of a condominium association and transfer of association control to unit owners and zoning due diligence for a site acquisition company.
Anthony also provides counsel to community associations on the daily operational challenges and decisions they face in South Florida’s current real estate environment. He currently serves as counsel for a local non-profit cultural arts foundation. Prior to joining us, Anthony served as a Certified Legal Intern for the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office.
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker
- The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Florida Bar City, County & Local Government Law Section
- Broward County Bar Association Government Law Section
- Broward County Bar Association Real Property Law Section
- Miami Association of Realtors
- "Exclusivity and Bulk Billing Agreements for Cable and Video Services in Multiple Dwelling Units," Florida Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors, June 2008
- "Local Government Communications Services and Wifi Networks," Florida Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors, June 2009