Alen Hsu represents startups, multinational businesses and publicly traded companies with respect to domestic and international legal issues. A problem solver and dealmaker, Alen provides strategic guidance to international investors and companies regarding business and real estate matters in the U.S. and abroad, including preparing and negotiating corporate, real estate and commercial contracts. Alen serves as outside general counsel to a number of businesses and advises clients on corporate governance, labor and employment, financing, and acquisitions and sales. He also handles litigation involving business transactions, shareholder disputes, labor and employment, non-competition agreements, real estate, construction, landlord-tenant issues, products liability, class action defense, and bankruptcy and creditors’ rights.
Strategic thinking and sophisticated research have been the keys to Alen’s success handling multimillion dollar lawsuits, appeals and arbitrations on matters arising under the False Claims Act, Sherman Act, Lanham Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, American with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Alen has been recognized for his exceptional legal work and involvement in the South Florida community. In 2016, he received the Legal Advisor of the Year Award from Sterling 5, Inc. for his strategic counseling of start-ups and small to mid-sized businesses. In 2016, Alen was selected to join a select group of attorneys to participate in The Florida Bar Leadership Academy. The following year, Alen was selected to serve on the committee of The Florida Bar Journal and The Florida Bar News Editorial Board, and currently serves on the executive committee. In 2019, he was elected Vice President of Membership of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, which represents the interests of 50,000 attorneys and more than 80 national, state, and local Asian Pacific American bar associations.
Alen is proficient in spoken Mandarin-Chinese and Taiwanese.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Class IV, 2016-2017
- Florida Bar Journal and Florida Bar News Editorial Board, 2017-present; Committee Member, July 2017-July 2018; Executive Committee Member, July 2018-present
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, 2012-present; Vice President of Membership, 2018-2019; Alternate Southeast Regional Governor, 2016-2018
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of South Florida, 2008-present; President, 2015-2016; President-Elect, 2014-2015; Vice President of Membership, 2012-2014
- North Springs Improvement District, 2016-present; Board of Supervisors, 2016-present
- National Filipino American Bar Association, 2018-present
- Caribbean Bar Association, 2016-present
- Broward County Bar Association, 2016-present
- Federal Bar Association, 2016-present
- Chairman, Operation120, Inc., 2020-present
Awards & Recognition
- The Boca Raton Observer, Top Lawyer, August 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2021-present
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer, 2021 – present
- Daily Business Review, On the Rise Honoree, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Business Litigation, 2016-2020
- Sterling 5, Legal Advisor of the Year, 2016
- Courts Dial Back Autodialer Definition Following ACA International, The Legal Intelligencer, July 23, 2018
- Fla. Appeals Court Resets Clock on Successive Foreclosures, Law360, April 20, 2016