Mitch Bierman is the Miami Office Managing Director. Mitch represents major international companies in the transportation, environmental, solid waste, engineering and construction industries in government affairs and administrative law matters. His work includes winning and negotiating large public contracts, public private partnerships, public infrastructure improvements, affordable housing developments and advocating for industry clients on legislative issues affecting their industries.
Mitch first developed his skills and relationships during his government career as Assistant Dade County Attorney in the 1990s. He continues to serve local governments today as the Town Attorney for the Town of Cutler Bay and the Village Attorney for the Village of Pinecrest in Miami-Dade County, and he advises many of the firm’s other government clients on particular matters.
Mitch chairs the firm’s Airports and Aviation Services Group which represents airports and airport-related business including airlines, cargo carriers, car rental companies, airport concessionaires, consultants and construction and engineering firms. As former counsel to Miami International Airport, he has over 20 years of experience in airport finance, airline negotiations, airport concessions, and land leasing and development.
Mitch helps concessionaires win major airport concessions across the United States and negotiates airline-airport use agreements, rental car facility agreements, fuel system lease agreements, management agreements, and other ground transportation agreements including agreements for the development of multi-modal transportation facilities and on-airport hotels. He has also assisted airports in non-aviation development deals, expansions, construction projects, labor agreements and First Amendment issues.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Immediate Past Chair, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Transportation Committee
- Founding Member, Eugene P. Spellman Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Chairman, Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- New Works Council, Miami Light Project
- Chair, Government Relations Committee
- Secretary of Board of Trustees, Perez Art Museum Miami
- Past Chairman, Attorneys’ Division Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Miami Foundation, Member, Board of Governors
- Member, Miami-Dade Cultural Affairs Council
Awards & Recognition
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2017-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Most Effective Lawyers, Daily Business Review, 2008
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer, 2004-2011, 2013-present
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2005-2011
- South Florida Business Journal, Best of the Bar
- Best Lawyers in America®, Government Relations Practice, 2012-present
- South Florida Business Journal, Power Leaders in Law & Accounting, 2016-2017