President Biden just signed the COVID-19 Pandemic Rescue Plan, which included over $45 billion in funding for large cities (population of at least 50,000) and over $19 billion for small cities (population less than 50,000). Click here to see the estimated allocation to your City. However, please note, the amount distributed to a small city may not exceed 75 percent of the most recent budget for the city as of January 27, 2020.
- Funds must be spent by December 31, 2024.
- Large cities will receive direct funding from the Federal Government within 60 days.
- Small cities will receive funds through the State. The Federal Government will distribute the funds to the State within 60 days, which will have 30 days to distribute funding to the Cities.
- Funds will be distributed in two tranches.
USE OF FUNDS
- To respond to the public health emergency with respect to COVID–19.
- Replacement of revenues lost due to the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Premium pay or grants for essential workers.
- Assistance to small businesses, households, and hard-hit industries, and economic recovery.
- Investments in water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure.
The information contained in this document does not constitute legal advice.