Aleida Martinez-Molina represents clients in bankruptcy and insolvency matters in South Florida and New York. She prosecutes and defends adversary proceedings, provides expertise in the areas of bankruptcy discharge and preferences, and counsels other litigators on the intricacies of bankruptcy and insolvency practice.
Aleida’s experience has resulted in:
- Appropriate guidance for small business debtor clients;
- Swift dismissal of foreclosure-eve bankruptcies of hotel properties on behalf of lender clients;
- Successful opposition of turnover of properties to debtor/owners of commercial properties on behalf of creditor clients;
- Dismissal of abusive bankruptcy filings on behalf of condominium association and municipal clients;
- Maximum recovery and code compliance for municipal and government entity clients.
Aleida also serves as general and special counsel to entities in the hospitality and transportation industry. She represents associations and government entities concerning condominium and association law. Her clients include large condominium associations, major hotel franchisees, cruise lines, freight forwarders, and European and Latin American air carriers.
Aleida is bilingual in Spanish and English. She is conversant in Brazilian Portuguese and French, having represented foreign governments, government-owned entities and multinational corporations throughout her career. Her experience abroad includes working as a French to English translator in Belgium.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Local Rules Committee for the Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of Florida, Former Member
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Board Member
- Human Rights Watch – Miami/Circle of Friends
- Bankruptcy Bar Association, Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- The Villagers Inc.
- American Bar Association, Air & Space Law Journal, Former Assistant Editor
- Princeton Club of South Florida, Former President
- Princeton University Committee To Nominate Alumni Trustees, Former Member
- Princeton University, Regional Associations and Careers Committee
Awards & Recognition
- Dade County Bar Association, Legal Luminary award finalist, bankruptcy practice category
- Wrinkle in Real Estate Bankruptcy Law Leaves Room for Pandemic Cases, Daily Business Review, July 17, 2020
- Decision Limits Receivers’ Power to Recover Torts Damages from Third Parties in Fraud Cases, Daily Business Review, June 3, 2020
- Thinking of Not Paying Rent Amid COVID-19? Landlords Sue Ross Stores, Other Commercial Tenants, Daily Business Review, May 5, 2020
- Retail Reits Do Battle With A New Enemy, GlobeSt, May 1, 2020
- Forever 21’s Bankruptcy Filing Opens Door to Redevelopment of Vacated Spaces, Daily Business Review, October 9, 2019
- J. Crew Working on Turnaround to Avoid Bankruptcy ‘Death Knell,’ Pacer Monitor, April 23, 2019
- Troubled Condos Test Risky Survival Strategy, Daily Business Review, 2009
- Bernard Madoffs’ Palm Beach Mansion Gets Tax Break, Palm Beach Post and Miami Herald, 2009
- Family Feuds and Chapter 11: What is the Counsel to Do? American Bar Association Business Law Section Spring Meeting, April 2018
- Associations and Bankruptcies, Community Association Institute, Secured Lenders Group Arizona, January 2010
- Asociacion de Contadores Publicos Cubanos en el Exilio, Miami, Florida
- Featured Speaker for CPA Continuing Education Requirements, 2010-2019